Most of Avantbiz clients are large companies, which already has huge followings on social media such as Twitter. Occasionally, we also serve startups and we get asked this a lot “How do we grow our social media presence? Should we buy Twitter followers?” In this article we will cover when you should and when you should not buy Twitter followers. We will start with the should.
Yay #1: Almost Everyone has Fake Twitter Followers
It’s easy to buy Twitter followers. You can use AppSally buy Twitter verification followers. So it’s no surprise there are so many fake Twitter followers. If you just google, it’s easy to find tools that claims to be able to check fake followers. What the tool does is it take a sample of your customer base and check for a list of spam metrics to determine whether they are false profiles or true profiles. Nobody escapes this assessment unscathed. Only 3% of the supporters of Justin Timberlake qualify as’ Good,’ or the other way to say it is Justin Timberlake has 97% fake Twitter followers. If JT is doing it, why shouldn’t you? That being said, Twitter is constantly scanning for fake accounts and deleting them. So you shouldn’t be surprised if the amount of Twitter followers you bought drop weeks or months after buying them.
Yay #2: Fake It (Twitter followers) Until You Make It
In this age of social, nothing is as controversial as an unpopular profile for the prospective buyer. It just appears somewhat of a suspect. Why did nobody else realize if your product was so clever? We never want to be at the party first. But once we see people are flocking to the party, we want to hop in. You want a large number of relevant Twitter followers, but without a large number of (fake) followers you can not get them. Buying fake Twitter followers or even free Twitter followers can even be used momentarily and quickly to increase your followers count. Then, the theory goes, your heightened stature will encourage true followers to flock in. People are going to your party!
Nay #1: Blow to Reputation (if caught)
We already mentioned how easy it is to use tools to check for fake Twitter followers. In this modern society, everyone has a distinct perspective of what morality is. It is reasonable to say, however, that your customers are most likely to see purchasing Twitter followers as something pretty immoral. People see it as being more common than you are and do it in dodgy ways. People may not realise that you have purchased supporters, unless you go from 30 followers to 30,000 followers in a few days. Your integrity and reputation will be threatened when they find out and it may be a fatal blow.
Nay #2: Low Engagement Followers
You don’t get real or potential customers who are interested or ready to talk to you when you buy Twitter followers. You are just purchasing numbers and metrics. And these are most probably fake accounts or bot accounts after you pay to followers / fans or engage in aggressive follower churn. Worse, some providers requires you to give your Twitter credentials when you buy followers. They may then access the Twitter account to send various tweets or direct message to your Twitter followers that promote its other clients. This definitely annoys your supporters and gives you reputation.